Sunday, April 23, 2006

Spring Break in Spain






































For Spring Break, I got a lovely treat. James came to Spain to meet up! After taking all sorts of transport: taxi, train, ferry, bus...Andrew, Brianna, Cara, Hannah and I got to Algeciras. I took a bus to Seville and James was there waiting. It was so good to see each other again after communicating my e-mail, Skype and phone...silly ocean. We went sightseeing, ate delicious tapas, Chinese food, and SANGRIA...lots of sangria. It almost made me cry, but I was finally able to have STARBUCKS. i missed it so. grande skim vanilla latte mmmm. We saw the Grand Cathedral, the Giralda, the Alcazar Gardens, tapas bars, authentic flamenco at Casa Anselma, and Plaza Espana. Then we hopped on a plane for Barcelona. We got to see Tiffany and my friends, Alex and Sequiria from Morocco...small world hehe. I got tummy sick for 2 days but we eventually got to stay on La Rambla, shop, see the beautiful Sagrada Familia, Montjuic, fresh fruit market, the Olympic pier, went gambling for the first time and got 110 euro for our winnings muhahaha, visited Barcelona's Arc de Triomphe, ate KFC and paella. There's so much more but it was just a fabulous week and the best vacation...so relaxing, happy and romantic...yes romantic at times. Yay for spring break...it was the escape I needed to have a little European culture and American staples (starbucks and fried chicken) before heading back to Morocco for another 2 months of craziness. Thanks honey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aha! found ya! =P awesome pics!!